Jazz Orchestra Auditions
Jazz Orchestra Auditions 2019–2020 Season If you are interested in auditioning to be a part of our 2019–2020 season please fill out the online application and you will be contacted to be given an audition date and time. All auditions will be held at the Virtuosi of Houston Studio located in Memorial City Mall, Houston...
Jazz Orchestra Auditions
If you are interested in auditioning to be a part of our 2019–2020 season please fill out the online application and you will be contacted to be given an audition date and time.
All auditions will be held at the Virtuosi of Houston Studio located in Memorial City Mall, Houston.
For additional information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Fill out the information below to request an audition time.
- A premier youth jazz orchestra in Houston
- Virtuosi of Houston will select approximately 18 musicians by audition each season.
- Noe Marmolejo it the Artistic Director and Conductor of the Jazz Orchestra. He serves on the faculty of the University of Houston Moores School of Music as the Director of Jazz Ensembles.
- This season will include one concert performance at Virtuosi of Houston’s annual concert and dinner gala on Mar 28, 2020 at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in downtown Houston
- Rehearsals are held in Virtuosi’s 5,000 square foot studio in Memorial City Mall
- There will be six (6) rehearsals before the March concert on Wednesday evenings at 7 pm starting on February 5, 2020
- Dinner is provided by Virtuosi of Houston during rehearsals at break time
- Concert programs are professionally designed and include a headshot and biography for each student member
*Concert dates subject to change.
Virtuosi of Houston operates on the theory that absorbing instruction in an intense, short period of time produces an excellent end product. The student musicians benefit from the focused instruction that this smaller sized orchestra provides and the outstanding direction, expertise and knowledge of Mr. Marmolejo.
All Virtuosi of Houston members are expected to:
- Commit to attending all the rehearsals for the entire concert season. Three unexcused absences may result in dismissal from the orchestra. In the case of direct conflict with a school event, the school event will always take precedence. All absences must be emailed to email@example.com by 2:00 pm the day of the absence.
- Individually practice their respective parts and come prepared to rehearsals at the best of their ability.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of personal integrity with respect to one another, to the Artistic Director, and to representatives of management, the staff, volunteers, and the Board of Directors of the organization.
Virtuosi of Houston will provide:
- Many exciting musical experiences
- An atmosphere of mutual respect and professionalism
- A Music Director who will fully share their knowledge and expertise during rehearsals and concerts
- New members and any Virtuosi of Houston chamber orchestra members must audition.
- All applicants should be in High School grades 9-12.
- All applicants need to complete the two-page application form and pay a non-refundable application fee.
- Application fee for new applicants is $45. Checks made payable to Virtuosi of Houston. Master Card, Visa and American Express credit cards are accepted.
New Members Should Prepare the Following (memorization is not required):
- 2019 TMEA Region Jazz Etudes – Play two of your choice
All auditions are held at the Virtuosi of Houston Studio in Memorial City Mall. View map of our location.
For additional information, please call Noe Marmolejo at 281-813-5892 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Checks to be made out to Virtuosi of Houston